Pertamina EP Cepu upholds its commitment to maintain a sustainable business continuity. Sustainability strategies and the implementation of ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) are the main focus in efforts to create business growth synergies, in line with the implementation of Social & Environmental Responsibility to support the achievement of the SDGs and in order to foster a climate of transparency and openness in information related to investment and business businesses.
Law No. 40 of 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies explains that Social and Environmental Responsibility is the company’s commitment to participate in sustainable economic development in order to improve the quality of life and the environment that is beneficial, both for the company itself, the local community, and society in general.
Commitment to community empowerment is evidenced through our seriousness in integrating Corporate Social & Environmental Responsibility (TJSL) and Vision and Mission as well as corporate values wherever we operate.
TJSL Vision & Mission:
- Vision :
- Growing and developing a better life with PT Pertamina EP Cepu
- Carry out the company’s commitment to become a business entity that has a high reputation that is managed professionally, focused and has a competitive advantage by using world-class modern technology resulting from a partnership with a World Class Company so as to provide more added value to stakeholders, especially shareholders, customers, workers , and the wider community.
- Carry out corporate responsibility and social care for a sustainable community development.
PEPC TJSL Pillar
The implementation of the PEPC Social and Environmental Responsibility program focuses on the 4 pillars of CSR, namely Education, Health, Infrastructure & Community Empowerment, and the Environment.
The Company is committed to making a positive contribution to society, the environment, and all stakeholders. In its implementation PEPC manages the implementation of community empowerment to support the SDGs, and lowers the 4 pillars above in 8 areas of Community Development and Empowerment, namely:
- Real Income Level and Employment Opportunities.
- Economic Independence (MSMEs).
- Social and Cultural.
- Community Participation in Managing the Environment.
- Institutional Strengthening.
- PPM Supporting Infrastructure.
Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (TPB)
PT Pertamina EP Cepu (PEPC) also supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (TPB/SDGs). The SDGs or Sustainable Development Goals have the aim of continuously improving the economic welfare of the community, maintaining the sustainability of community social life, maintaining environmental quality and inclusive development and implementing good governance that is able to maintain the improvement of the quality of life from one generation to the next.
PEPC runs the program in accordance with the mapping of the six priorities of TPB/SDGs run by PT Pertamina (Persero), namely:
- Goal 12, Responsible Consumption and Production;
- Goal 13, Addressing Climate Change;
- Goal 14, Marine Ecosystems;
- Goal 15, Terrestrial Ecosystems;
- Goal 7, Clean and Affordable Energy; and
- Goal 8, Decent Work and Economic Growth.
Efforts to achieve the TPB/SDGs targets are a national development priority that requires a synergy of planning policies at the national and provincial and district/city levels. PEPC which is one part of the National Company which of course is involved in the responsibility to support the achievement of these goals.
In line with the principles of sustainability, PEPC is committed to developing products that are not only aimed at making profit (profit), but also contribute to preserving nature (planet) for the benefit and future of future generations (people). This commitment is realized through various activities aimed at supporting the achievement of Goal 13 on Climate Change Management; and Goal 15 Protect Land Ecosystems.
Until now PEPC has supported the achievement of Goal 8 SDGs, namely Decent Work and Economic Growth, realized through Community Economic Improvement Programs including through the development of Village Owned Enterprises (BUMDes) and the development of local economic potential. This program is a means for companies to develop and empower MSMEs, with the aim of creating employment and employment opportunities, which will have a significant impact on poverty alleviation efforts. Through this program, PEPC can continue to support inclusive and sustainable economic growth, and the provision of decent jobs for all.
PEPC also runs programs to support TPB in achieving Goal 6, Clean Water and Adequate Sanitation; Goal 2, Eliminate Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Good Nutrition, and Promote Sustainable Agriculture.