Production Well Test will be Tested, PT Pertamina EP Cepu Gives Socialization

Bojonegoro (26/08) – In order to determine the capacity and smoothness of its gas production, PT Pertamina EP Cepu (PT Pertamina EP Cepu) plans to conduct a well test or test on its production wells. PT Pertamina EP Cepu seeks to carry out this stage because it is an important part of the drilling process after drilling wells in one of the national flagship gas field projects.

It is planned that PT Pertamina EP Cepu will conduct well tests on 4 Jambaran East (JE) wells in Bandungrejo Village, District, Ngasem Bojonegoro, East Java in September. For this reason, PT Pertamina EP Cepu as the main operator that manages the Jambaran Tiung Biru (JTB) oil and gas field needs to carry out this socialization to all stakeholders and local residents so that the testing will run safely and smoothly.

This socialization was attended by representatives from SKK Migas, Ami Hernawati, Representatives of the Bojonegoro Environmental Service, Muhayanah, Head of BPPD Bojonegoro, Sub-district Head and Muspika Ngasem, Lurah and a number of local community leaders in Bandungrejo Village, Ngasem, Bojonegoro on Wednesday, (26/08 ). PT Pertamina EP Cepu, represented by JTB Site Office & PGA Manager, Edy Purnomo, explained to the invitees that this socialization was aimed at providing understanding and information regarding the activities that will be carried out at the well pad Jambaran East later.

“We would like to express our gratitude to the residents and invitees here. We ask for your support and prayers, so that the well test activity will run safely and successfully. Hopefully after the well test will run smoothly and in accordance with the target set, we can immediately continue the process next year and next year can operate,” explained Edy.

Meanwhile, the representative of SKK Migas, Ami Hernawati, who also provided the socialization of the Jambaran East well test, explained that the majority of oil and gas revenues from JTB will later go into the state treasury. “Results from oil and gas will later become state property, i.e. 85 percent will go to the state treasury, for mutual progress, the remaining 15 percent for the KKKS. Please support all for the smooth process of the well test later, yes, this is for our common interest,” explained Ami.

In addition, the Head of Ngasem Sub-district, Waji SE, who was also present at the event, hoped that this socialization would be well received and understood by the community. In addition, Waji also hopes that the well test will run according to plan and get results as expected, so that PT Pertamina EP Cepu can immediately produce gas to support national energy security. “Hopefully in the future the well test can run safely and the results are in accordance with the estimate. So that the gas produced is beneficial for all parties, including the surrounding community too,” said Waji.

The well test itself will be carried out by cleaning the well from non-hydrocarbon fluids so that it can be channeled to the production facility. The well test also aims to ensure the readiness of equipment and wells so that they can operate optimally for a period of 16 years and produce 310 MMSCFD.

The Jambaran-Tiung Biru Unitization Field Gas Development Project is a National Strategic Project (PSN) implemented by PT Pertamina EP Cepu. In April 2020, the JTB Project has successfully completed its Completion process at the Jambaran East WellPad drilling.

Meanwhile, PT Pertamina EP Cepu’s Rigless Operations Team has carefully mitigated the risks from the well test activities. The socialization activity also explained in detail the steps that had been prepared for the smooth process of the well test and its impact. Including how to keep the surrounding community safe and comfortable.

PT Pertamina EP Cepu Rigless Operations Team representative, Mulyadi explained that PT Pertamina EP Cepu took various anticipations to prevent any direct or indirect effects of this activity. PT Pertamina EP Cepu has coordinated with various parties so that the well test process runs optimally and safely.

Comments are closed.